Locations: Raleigh, NC
Majors: Business Administration, Communication, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Psychology, or related degree with some business classes
Preferred GPA: 3.2
The Accelerated Talent Development (ATD) Program is designed to develop entry level talent through a combination of cross-functional rotational assignments, dedicated training, and stretch projects. During the program, analysts will complete 4 rotational assignments over two years, receiving comprehensive developmental feedback and coaching throughout.
ATD Analysts benefit from significant job experience over a compressed time frame, encompassing multiple functions within USMI, in addition to growth through classroom training, team projects, corporate presentations, and dedicated mentors. Combined, these opportunities provide a balanced business toolkit, a well-rounded view of USMI, a clear understanding of your professional strengths and development areas, and an informed perspective of where the Analyst fit within our business.
ATD analysts will rotate every six months, completing 4 assignments throughout the U.S. Mortgage Insurance business. This program is designed to provide a well-rounded view of the organization, build a broad skill set and professional network, and provide a grounded view of where your talents fit in USMI.
ATD Analysts support the end to end business process, which evolves quickly, so your responsibilities will vary from one assignment to the next, and even day by day. While the experience of each ATD Analyst will vary based on business needs and individual development needs, the two-year experience will generally include three projects and one line/processing role.
Examples of project assignments include:
- Drive process improvements and simplify/streamline systems
- Research behavior of key market constituencies to inform strategic planning
- Serve as liaison between IT and business users to ensure design meets required functionality
Example of line/processing roles might include:
- Build profit and loss statements for use in balance sheet reporting
- Audit files for correct application of guidelines and processes
- Create, maintain, and distribute performance scorecards to focus improvement efforts
Ideal candidates for the ATD Program will have significant work experience including some financial services work experience, solid academics with some business related studies, and demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities. Ideal candidates are also highly motivated and improvement focused, demonstrate a desire to learn, and are eager to take up the challenge of driving business results today while building a skill set for tomorrow.
A Business degree is not required, though candidates should demonstrate interest in financial services and a passion for the possibilities that cutting edge thinking and tools open. While we embrace technical specialists in areas such as accounting, software development, infrastructure engineering, and operations, your capacity to learn, adapt, and grow with us is as important as any technical skills you may bring. Finally, we are looking for strong communicators who can navigate both analytic and interpersonal challenges while driving results in a fast moving business.
- Graduation date between 12/17 and 5/18
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Analytical and can work with high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Solid interpersonal skills including influence, persuasion, and conflict management
- Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure
- Team player who communicates well, is proactive, and responsive
- Hungry to grow and improve; seeks feedback and acts on it
- Keen desire to take ownership of work paired with a strong results orientation
- Bachelor’s degree (3.2 GPA and up) with some business studies
- Enthusiasm for the financial services industry; experience in financial services is a plus
- Excellence and/or leadership in extracurricular activities